[WriteLog] Suggestions Please -- PSK31 stopped working

Frank Grossman (WB2BXO) flgrossman at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 20 23:46:53 EST 2004

Decided to try PSK31 today for the first time in some months.  It's worked
fine using both DX4Win and WriteLog in the past, but would not function
today.

Specifically, I see no signal or noise in the waterfall display on either
program.  Everything seems to be connected properly because I'm getting
receive audio from the IC-765 at a constant level through the computer
speakers.  When I send text from a function key, I hear the audio, see the
signal on the waterfall, and see the echo in my receive window in DX4Win.

Plugged in a mic and tried the Windows sound recorder to verify the sound
card is working.  Heard my own voice through the speakers, a .wav file was
created, but no audio was recorded.

Using a configuration that has worked fine in the past:  IC-765, sending
audio to the sound card from the Icom's constant-level output--no fancy
interface--on a Dell 750 MHz Optiplex.

Suggestions?

73,
Frank