[WriteLog]

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 22 08:54:54 EST 2004

Date:	Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:42:09 -0500
From:	"Napa" <napa at webryders.net>
To:	<writelog at contesting.com>
Subject:	[WriteLog] EXTFSK w/mmtty (my question)
	Message: 10

sorry for the vagueness of my last question to the reflector...I am trying
to use comfsk105.zip (from the mmtty website) with writelog...I believe the
file is extfsk.dll....This works fine with mmtty standalone but I cannot get
it to work from within WL..
I am using com1 w/ XP home
SB pci 128 card and KK7UQ interface
TS940
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy Lake
N1KWF

Randy, I also use EXTFSK in stand alone MMTTY, but its not going to work
with the plugin, since you don't get to chose the location of the "com port"
for the FSK converter in MMTTY with Writelog.  You can leave MMTTY
configured with the EXTFSK and it will work next time around, but the
solution is to chose MMTTY as your "TNC" in RTTYWrite and then chose the com
port that you have the FSK converter (transistor/resistor dongle) plugged
into.  You'll have either a choice for PTT in MMTTY if you're using the mic
jack and Rigblaster or something else, or just use Computer controlled PTT.

My setup in standalone is MMTTY with EXTFSK and a 3rd comport for ptt going
through the MFJ rigblaster ripoff device, since it works well for isolation
on SSB contests as well.  When I switch over to Writelog, the MMTTY plugin
doesn't allow you to chose the TX parameters, rather that's actually
selected in RTTYWrite.  So you select MMTTY as your tnc, and then go to the
ports drop down and select the raw comport that your device is plugged into.

Unless you're using EXTFSK to change the pins on which you're pulling FSK or
you're using it to directly invert the TX, I've never seen a bit of
difference.  The EXTFSK just gives you a bit more control over that port.

Charlie
KI5XP