[WriteLog] Key 1 and 7 in numeric keyboard:Problem using these 2 keys in ...

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sat May 1 14:56:46 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/1/2004 11:15:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
amitrotta at tiscali.it writes:
Hi
I have the following problem:
when I type in the window "Qso entry" using the number keyboard (that one
on the right!) the number 1 or 7 in the field for example ZONE in "Cq WW
Ssb contest" or in "EXCHANGE NUMBER" in other contest makes loss the qso
entry.So the QSO in not insert!!!!!
If I type with the number put in the keyboard (number 1 is up the Q key
and 7 is up the U key, all is ok.
In ARI contest for example I cannot write progressive number with the numeric
keyboard if the number the other station include 1 or 7!!!
In CQ WW I cannot change a zone if this new zone include number 1 or 7!!!
Why?????
Can somebody help me???

You must have a recent version of WriteLog.  In the TOOLS menu, select
KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS.  Remove the entries that are controlling your HOME and END keys
on the number pad.  These are defaults that must be removed for your to be
able to use the number keys 1 and 7.  I don't remember the exact commands, but if
you search the list, you will find them.

Please let me know if this works for you.

73, George, K5kg

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax