[WriteLog] SO2R Mic switching thru SB

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Tue May 11 12:28:02 EDT 2004

I'm trying to get set up for SO2R phone and I need help!

 I have long used SO2R CW/RTTY and do so with a Multi-keyer, which works
just great.  I have now connected left and right Soundblaster outputs to
left and right radio mic inputs via isolating xfrmrs.  My mic is now
connected to the mic input of the Soundblaster.

Without WL running, I can get the Soundblaster to direct audio from my
mic to left radio or right radio depending on the L/R slider position in
Windows volume control.  The problem I have is that with WL running,
whenever I have the cursor on the log entry line for either left or
right radio then WL mutes the mic input to the Soundblaster.  Function
keys will feed prerecorded .wav files to left or right radio
appropriately.  I just can't get audio from the mic through to either
rig under WL.

I'm pretty sure I must be overlooking something obvious and I have tried
RTFM but haven't been able to find what I've overlooked there.

Can someone point me in the direction of enlightenment before I tear my
hair out please?

Thanks.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F