[WriteLog] WL Help files

Chuck Fullgraf cfullgraf at sprynet.com
Sat May 22 22:33:07 EDT 2004

I did full re-load using the full version that I have, then updating to the
current version (10.47). The full re-load was accomplished by re-naming the
writelog.ini file so that Writelog thinks it's not there and actually does a
full reload.

The reason for doing a full re-load was I have been having problems with
WriteLog recognizing two sound cards with the MMTTY plug-in. This will work
and then I change to Stereo Sound card FSK or Stereo sound card AFSK. When I
change back to the MMTTY plug in, WriteLog won't open the second sound card.
Doing the full re-l,oad returns the ability to use the second sound card
until I make some changes.

This has all come about as I'm trying to set up to use the sound card for
SSB contesting. I've been shifting modes around to make sure everything
works as I set up for the different types of contests. Doing full re-loads
before each RTTY contest is not an acceptable solution.

I've even tried saving a writelog.ini file that "works" for MMTTY, then
copying it into position after doing a full re-load. This, on the surface
would seem to eliminate the need for re-configuring all the port settings in
Writelog, but alas, this also does not work and WriteLog does not recognize
the second sound card for MMTTY.

Anyway, right now, the major concern is getting the help files back. As poor
as they are, they are necessary for looking up things that are rarely used.

Thanks for the help so car.

Chuck, KE4OAR