[WriteLog] K9JY website : An appreciation.

Bob Naumann n5nj at gte.net
Wed Nov 3 15:05:35 EST 2004

Barry ZL1DD said:

"I do, however, stand by my contention that it very unforgiving of operator error in the set up phase".

I must concur with my friend from Waiheke Island.

We run Writelog at AA5NT doing Multi-2 and it works great - once you get it all set up.  We do so, run a contest, and next contest, we have to go through it all again.  This is especially true when changing modes.

The function key messages, the networking, the packet connections - they all work, but why isn't it automatic?  I know that the software can't be 100% install and play dependent upon your configuration.  But, why not make it so that I can start it up for multi-2 SSB operation, and have everything necessary start up based on what I did the last time?

Changing from SSB, to CW, to RTTY, and back to SSB is a lot of work.

Also, re-starting a log, on the odd chance that a computer needs to be re-booted is too complex.  Registering to accept network connections, etc.  Why not automatically do this?

73,
N5NJ