[WriteLog] Advice for switching from TR to WL

SJ W3TX superberthaguy at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 9 16:45:17 EST 2004

I am considering switching from TR to WL and need some advice. I have an
exceptional so2r setup using TR, and hope that WL can adapt into it with no
(or a a minimum of) wiring changes.

With regard to the serial pin connections between rig and computer, and
parallell pin connections between computer and top ten band decoder, paddles
input, ptt output (which controls my audio switching), etc, are the pin
outputs/inputs the same or different?

Is there a hidden reference available for WL's serial and parrallel pin
assignments on the website or elsewhere that I can look at ?? (I've been
unable to find one).

Does WL include simple import/export/LOTW interfaces?

Finally, what are the biggest reasons that you switched from TR to WL?

Thanks in advance and 73, Scott W3TX