[WriteLog] Shifted SSB messages????

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Wed Nov 10 17:01:22 EST 2004

All,

I have observed the following today in experimenting with WL 10.50D. I was
trying to figure out how to use the extra 10 message slots for the SS.
There is nothing in the help files that I could find except a picture that
shows the shifted SSB messages

As Wayne has said, in order to record a message on-the-fly the writelog.ini
must contain a line e.g. Shift+F02=MessageShift02. And this will record a
new wave file, called msg2.wav, in whatever directory you have pointed to
in the Setup, Ports dialog.

But what if you want to play some wave file using the Shift+F2 key. The
writelog.ini entry must now read Shift+F02=MessageShiftPh02. Notice the
"Ph" added.

Next what can go in these extra slots? It seems anything just like the
first 10 slots. So you can use any of the wave files in any order.

Then you can rename these wave files, eg rename msg2.wav as msg22.wav (in
case you wanted to record a new message using Shift+F2) and in some slot
put <msg22.wav> and this file will play. So you are not limited to just 10
message files.

I could not get the keyboard shortcuts to change the behavior of the
function keys either dynamically (in this session) or persistently by
writing in writelog.ini. I am probably doing something wrong here. But you
can certainly change writelog.ini using Notepad.

So my opinion is that I will keep one or two F keys as hot recording keys
to record new messages and then use the rest for extra combinations of
messages.

Now to figure all this out and set up some messages and variants.

I got into all this because my old messages (some 5 years old) don't play
well in my IC756 Pro II while they do work on the FT1000mp.

And I have a new toy to play with - the new Heil Proset Plus IC which has
two microphones (with a switch) one of which is an electret microphone that
works wonderfully through the soundboard with the Icom radio.

So tomorrow I have to start recording a bunch of messages before the WAE on
the weekend if the solar storms stop in time, HI

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net