[WriteLog] Mode switch-workaround

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 11 15:08:56 EST 2004

Hi

Many of us, particularly TR migrants hanker after a mode switch so that the
<ENTER> key can be used in truly intelligent form. However I've stopped
holding my breath, since Wayne clearly does not regard this as a priority.

Historically in S&P mode, I use F4 to dump my call, and F9 to send the S&P
exchange. Of course my thick fingers are often hitting the wrong F key in
the heat of the battle, making me look an even bigger lid than I really
am( hard to do,Ed!).Since the programmable keys were implemented, I confess
I have largely neglected the facility, but got to thinking how this could
help me. Soooh what I did was to reprogramme the ADD key (= numeric pad
<+> ) to emulate F4, and dump my call, and the ext_Return key (=numeric pad
<ENTER>) to emulate F9 and send the S&P exchange.

Now it may well be that many you have already done this, but I am asking
myself why I didn't do it before, and mebbe you are too?

Now how can I import these settings into each new contest? Oh well more
work!

73

Clive
GW3NJW