[WriteLog] Poor PC generated CW

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 13 11:17:14 EST 2004

Doug Ferris wrote:
> For what it's worth, I have also experienced this problem and I don't use a
> MicroHam USB interface. I purchased and installed a program that converts a
> USB port to a serial port and then used that to pick off the keying signal
> and feed it to the rig through a simple transistor switch.

Am using 10.48 (98 SE ) here with a serial port which keys the Omni
VI. During the SS, I thought I could distinguish many stations which
obviously were using PC generated code, but seemed to be of lower
quality than others. Considering I am legally deaf, the fact I picked
up on this is somewhat remarkable. At first, I thought it was probably
different programs such as CT or TR, but this thread leads me to
believe that various interfaces used with WL may be among the
culprits. At no time did I copy an exchange which turned to "garbage"
in the middle, but am wondering if others noticed this.

BTW, I monitor the output keying of the Omni, and WL performed like a
champ at all times. Which leaves me to belive that WL is not the
problem, but the interface is.

Comments?

73
Ed