[WriteLog] RE: Trimming Audio Files & Spacers

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Wed Nov 17 00:50:16 EST 2004

I've just discovered a new glitch in all this stuff.

Having put off far too long the install & testing of an outboard
Vox-triggered audio card device, the way the thing works is contrary to how
I just edited/trimmed files played directly off the computer speakers
(like, real tight beginnings for ASAP send when the F key is pushed).

The #&^! device has more ms delay in the initial triggering of the
audio/.wav files, which is now cutting off part of each letter and that
part can not be adjusted.  I've tweaked & tweaked with the other available
controls, but a total re-do of what I did have done is necessary.  If I
can't get it done before SS with everything else going on here, look for
the chopped-off audio signals on the band(s) ..."that would be me"

I hate it when stuff like this happens.  But hopefully this will help
anyone contemplating new equipment to be added into your system at some point.

73...

Rick, K6VVA