[WriteLog] ASAP Help Needed With Audio Muting Problem

cwman at juno.com cwman at juno.com
Sat Nov 20 22:19:30 EST 2004

Maybe try using one radio. Sometimes less is more.

73,

Fred/NA2U
CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
"Je mange donc je suis."
"Good wine is a necessity of life for me."--Thomas Jefferson

-- Eric Hilding <dx35 at hilding.com> wrote:
Just when you think it's all gonna work.

RE:
===
Two radios with one sound board
If you use the Radio menu with two entry windows and tell it you have a
Radio Left and a Radio Right, then when you "Activate this Radio" (CTRL+R),
the sound board mutes the appropriate output channel. You can have two
radios with one sound board this way. If you have not told WriteLog whether
you are left or right, it puts all audio on both channels. Note that this
muting is in effect whether you are transmitting a WAV file or not, so your
microphone signal is also routed to the correct rig.
===

Problem:
======
1.  I have ONE external Audio Card which gets audio into the TXRX via the
computer speaker/line output.  This works fine.

2.  I have a special "Black Box" which was built with relays to switch this
ONE audio source between two TXRX's.

3.  When I configured WL for 2 Radios, the audio gets routed AOK as-long-as
I am ONLY in the Radio 1 (Left) window.

4.  When I change to Radio 2 (Right), no audio comes out of the computer,
which sends me down the tubes.

5.  I'm not using CTRL + R but rather up/down arrow keys to switch from #1
(Left) to #2 (Right).

How can I keep the audio coming out of the computer THE SAME, regardless of
which Radio is selected?

I'm baffled.

Tnx very much.

73...