[WriteLog] MMTTY plugin installation again

Floyd Sense fsense at copper.net
Wed Nov 24 12:22:37 EST 2004

To those all those who replied to me off the reflector:

1. Yes, I have studied the information at rttycontesting.com and the plugin
info there did not lead to the answer.  While the tutorial recommends the
install into c:\Program Files\Writelog, that wasn't stated as an absolute
requirement.  Besides, at least one who replied to me says his works fine
with the other directory path I mentioned.

2. The default install directory for Writelog 10.50D (full install) on my
system was NOT c:\writelog, it was c:\ham\programs as I stated.  If that
were not the case, I wouldn't have said it was.  At least one other person
found that to be true as well.

I uninstalled Writelog, MMTTY, and MMTTY plugin and reinstalled them again
in this order: Writelog, MMTTY plugin, MMTTY.  This time, the default
directory for Writelog was c:\Program Files\Writelog.  The reason for the
difference in default directory is unknown.  Needless to say, the fact that
the plugin installed says that it was happy with the new Writelog setup.  Or
maybe it was something else?  A previous reinstall of Writelog in the c:\ham
directory path produced no good results for the plugin install.

I guess the moral is: If you have a similar problem, uninstall everything
and start over.  By the way, I used Norton Systemworks to clean up all the
broken stuff after uninstalling the three packages.  Through this all, I
neglected to remove writelog.ini from the Windows directory, but that
apparently made no difference.  The operating system here is Win XP home -
maybe that had something to do with it?