[WriteLog] Writelog Problems--10.50D available now

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Mon Oct 4 21:23:00 EDT 2004

>I have a problem with the RTTY window when using it for decoding CW...
>
>1) Open WriteLog 10.49D with any contest
>2) Select Window, RTTY Window
>3) Select Mode, CW
>
>Now, as long as no CW is actually coming through the sound card interface,
>everything works fine.  I can switch to the log window, type in a call,
>without issue.
>
>However, if CW is being decoded, and I switch to the log window to type in
>call, WriteLog exits as soon as I type the first character.  The RTTY
window
>decoding CW remains open decoding CW.  No error message is displayed at all
>and no event shows up in the event viewer.

All,
This problem with RTTY and CW shows up only in version 10.49 and only if
you have a new registration code (one that you received since mid-September
2004).
The problem actually is in the installer and not any of the run-time
WL components, but I am not going to repackage 10.49 to fix it. Instead,
I am terminating the beta test of 10.50D and making the update
version available now:

http://www.writelog.com/Downloads/WL1050DUPG.ZIP

Sorry for the problem.

Wayne, W5XD