[WriteLog] Networking- Understanding Server Copy

Scot Herrick scot at k9jy.com
Tue Oct 26 23:54:01 EDT 2004

 Create a file for the contest and save it to PC number one. Then do a 'Save
As' and save the same file again for use by PC number one.

>From the other computer, select the original saved file from PC number one
and load it on PC number two. Do another 'Save As' on PC number two and save
the file to the local hard drive on PC number two.

You end up with three files. One for use during the contest on PC number
one. One for use during the contest on PC number two. One as a clean backup
copy on PC number one.

The reason you want the clean back up copy on PC number one is if all fails,
you can always access the clean back up copy on PC number one while the PC
uses the OTHER local copy of the file on PC number one. You won't get a
'file in use' error if you did not do this.

I need to come up with better terms for the networking section. Server is a
misleading term. You need to always connect to one PC. But it's not a
server.

Scot Herrick
See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com