[WriteLog] Re: Trouble installing 10.48 upgrade

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Wed Sep 1 14:19:15 EDT 2004

Ditto.

I'm running SP2 as well - no problems.

N5NJ

From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2004/09/01 Wed PM 12:04:57 CDT
To: K4SB <k4sb at bellsouth.net>
CC: Writelog <writelog at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble installing 10.48 upgrade

--- K4SB <k4sb at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> As he briefly described it to me, the problem is in the new "security
> settings", which all too often interfere with normal operation. He
> further stated that SP2 was known to be defective, has numerous bugs,
> which Microsoft is working on, and that their dealership will not
> install it on any machine they sell, and provide a written warning
> that if the machine has to be returned for service, and SP2 is found
> on the machine, then the "repair warranty" is not valid.

He's just spreading FUD.  I have been running SP2 since the early public beta
releases (RC1 and beyond).  It's now installed on 5 computers under my control,
using a variety of hardware, and I have not had a single problem with it.
Sure, security is a little tighter, and doesn't always wook with
*poorly-written* applications (those that bypass the Windows API, etc.).  But
it's a far cry to claim "SP2 was known to be defective, has numerous bugs".

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC