[WriteLog] Packet Spots

David Douglass david.douglass at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 11 23:02:54 EDT 2004

I've just noticed something recently with the packet spot function on
writelog, that whilst isn't a problem is puzzling.

Often, when I see a spot in the 'packet spot window' and I can't hear the
station, I'll switch to the 'WriteLog Packet Terminal Window' to get some
details on the spot and see where he was spotted from. Often when I do this,
the spot isn't shown in the 'WriteLog Packet Terminal Window'.

I would of thought for a spot to show in the 'packet spot window', it would
need to be listed on the 'WriteLog Packet Terminal Window' ?

This isn't a big issue, but I'd be interested to know how a spot can appear
but not be in the terminal window.

I'm using Telnet, and the node is k1ttt.net

Thanks

David, VK2NU