[WriteLog] RITTYRite Problem

Robert Carroll rlcarroll at patmedia.net
Fri Sep 24 11:10:59 EDT 2004

I have a problem with the "internal" RTTY program in Writelog.  Originally I
got a "can't initialize sound card" message and program exits when trying to
change from the selected AFSK Stereo Mode to anything else.  Eventually I
got the "initialize" message to go away but the mini-crashes remain.  I did
manage to install MTTY and the MTTY plug-in for Writelog and it works very
well.  However, if I try to select a TTU other than MTTY I get a run-time
error and exit.  I am using Windows XP Professional, SP2.  I do have two
sound cards in the system, a Creative Audigy and a Creative Sound Blaster.
I had been a little suspicious of the "two card" problem.  The Audigy is
used for audio recording etc and checks out as a 7b by Writelog.  I had
intended to use the Soundblaster for Writelog.  It checks out as a 7f.  Both
sound cards seem to work as expected for audio, and both seem to support all
the ham soundcard decoding programs I have tried such as MTTY.  As a last
gasp effort I have ordered another supposedly 7f card from Yamaha, but I
suspect this will not help.  I have uninstalled Writelog, purged and deleted
the directories, deleted the ini file etc and reinstalled with the same
results.  Can anyone suggest how to cure my problem?  The machine is a 3
month old Dell 8400, and based on experience I don't think it has been used
enough or loaded up enough for there to be an OS problem.  Any ideas
appreciated.

Bob W2WG