[WriteLog] Back-up??

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 29 13:13:09 EDT 2004

Trust me, you do not want to back-up after every QSO when you have 2,000+
QSOs in the log, and even little pistols such as me can exceed that number
without trying too hard. The delay is a couple of seconds even with a fast
processor and lots of RAM, and constitutes a complete lock-out for the CW
operator.

The better news is that WL is extremely robust, and I have never lost any
part of the log ( except that in the entry window), even after just powering
down manually( simulating power loss).

Of course this does not address the issue of a catastrophic HDD failure (
only a question of when not if). To protect against this eventuality I often
network two computers together in a single op. environment, and you are then
almost fireproof.

Of course if you are abducted by aliens, you'll probably lose all your log.
However in this case it might not be your greatest concern!

73

Clive
GW3NJW