[WriteLog] Back-up??

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 13:19:54 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/29/2004 9:33:34 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
SteveBaron at StarLinX.com writes:

The best  way to handle this is to have a "journal" file which stores all
> QSO's  from the last save.  If there is a crash, when WriteLog starts,  it
> restores the QSO's from the journal after reading the main  database
> file.  This is basically what word processing and  spreadsheet programs
> do between saves.  This would require some  internal programming.

WL does maintain a journal file.  If your computer crashes for  some reason,
WL will ask you if you want to save the journal file entries when  it reboots.
 The WL journal file has saved my butt more than once! [Thanks  Wayne]

73, George, k5kg