[WriteLog] Backing up Registry

Bob Gates regates at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Apr 16 14:15:21 EDT 2005

Dave,

Having just done it, it occurred to me that, when I suggested you back up your
registry before editing it, I failed to advise you of the easiest way to do it.
You don't need a backup program or need to save the entire system state.  Enter
regedit, then at the top of the screen click on File/Export.  When asked where
and what, select your Desktop as the save to location and then enter "backup" as
the file name.  Click save and you'll see a link on your desktop.  If you double
click on it, you will be asked if you really want to restore the registry.
Quick and easy.  Hope this helps.

73, Bob W7BJ
  Dave-
  Not really.  Just find the key, delete it, hit F3 to find the next entry, etc.
Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

  Bob

    So I noticed.  I did a quick check with regedit last night just to see how
    many reg entries there were for writelog.... a "pot load" more or
    less.  Looks like deleting all those registry entries is a nasty job.