[WriteLog] MK1100

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 10 12:53:39 EDT 2005

Phil

This won't solve your problem per se, but may reassure you to some extent-
you are doing it the r-i-g-h-t way. Unlike problems reported by others with
parallel ports, USB etc( bad practice if avoidable) , the MK100 absolutely
does not suffer in that respect, because it does not depend on the timing of
the computer in any way, of which it is independent; that's it's raison
d'etre. I tend to think that your original idea is the correct one, iow a
bad mechanical contact. This could perhaps be in one of the 3.5mm jacks to
the MK1100. If I remember it is rather picky about needing stereo 3.5mm
jacks, even though it doesn't seem to need them electrically.

Check all your terminations and revert I recommend.

73

Clive
GW3NJW