[WriteLog] TS-570 Erratic Keying

Phil Theis phil at k3tuf.com
Tue Aug 16 21:10:54 EDT 2005

Another update to the erroneous MK-1100 erratic keying saga here at K3TUF.
It's fully the fault of the TS-570D.  All these years I used the 570 I
thought it was me, now I realize it's simply not able to key a steady stream
of dits or dahs.
Looking closer at the schematic the key lines go directly into the cpu.  The
erratic cw is there even when monitoring in the SSB mode.  My conclusion is
it's simply some clocking issue in the internal cpu.
I'll have to look into a kenwood list for some assistance.
thanks,
Phil K3TUF