[WriteLog] WRITELOG and EZMASTER

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 6 06:08:07 EST 2005

I hope this is not off-topic, but I thought I'd post a note following my request for an off-reflector discussion on using the Ham Radio Solutions EZMaster (EZM) with Writelog. Some people were interested in whether/how well EZM would work with Writelog.

I've now got EZM working well with Writelog in SO2R configuration. Headphone latch and DVK and CW keying works except that, sadly, Writelog is not yet able to integrate the WinKey in EZM with the computer. This means that speed control of the computer sending is only via the keyboard, whereas the paddle is controlled by the speed know on EZM.

I compare this with another contest logging programme which has EZM integration, and needs only a single USB cable between the computer and EZM, to control two radios, DVK, Keyer, etc  etc. In the case of Writelog, I need a USB line, COM serial cable and LPT line !

Anyway, the unit works well with Writelog, and if anyone needs help in configuring things (it is no mean task initially), I'd be happy to offer help.

73

Don, G3BJ (and G5W in contests)