[WriteLog] Does WL or N1MM have any neat features the other doesn't?

DH5HV dh5hv at dh5hv.de
Sat Dec 10 12:22:45 EST 2005

Hello Barry.

Writelog is a real stable program but for sure with less great features then
N1MM.

I have a license for WL but I mostly use N1MM for single op contests.
At DF0CG we normally use WL, but due to some heavy network problems we are
thinking about moving to another logger like N1MM or WinTest for example.

N1MM is not that stable like Writelog in Multi Multi setup like we are
running at DF0CG and it has other key strokes than WL or CT.
And due to the fact we often "share" operators who know WL or CT we decided
to use Writelog as our "normal" logger.

Thorsten, DO1ET and me know N1MM very well and we both like it.

The support of N1MM is much better than from WL but this belongs also to the
very active email list with hundreds of active N1MM user.

I can understand George according the network problems:
We had the first problems two years ago.
Last year we lost lot´s of points do to a bug in WL but it was fixed by the
developers.
But this year we still see heavy problems and we don´t see a real solution.

But I have to give my compliments to Wayne and the programmers:
Not as fast reactions like with N1MM, but he also tried to help us.

During the CQWWs this year we still got problems with WL and network
traffic.
We had more then 8 PCs in network and heavy traffic and after all we did not
manage to let the PCs stay in the network system.

Hopefully we will find the problem and hopefully the programmers can fix it
!

As I said before: The service with WL is still there, but a bit slowly.
With N1MM it is fantastic.

N1MM has great features.
Especially I like the SO2V or SO2R features with two band maps in N1MM.
This is working fantastic.
And they are still busy to make it more comfortable like it is allready now.
Lot´s of contests implemented.
Lot´s of hardware working with it.
And if you need some special thing, ask Tom, N1MM and the crew, maybe it can
be interesting to get into logger.

If  I had to decide between both I would say this:
In a heavy multi multi setup with tons of PC hardware: Just use WL. (BUT
THEY HAVE TO FIXE THE NETWORK PROBLEMS FIRST !!!)

All other setups: N1MM
And not to forget: Freeware with great service !

Jochen