[WriteLog] ComPort 4

Jerry Bale jerry_bale at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 11:24:42 EST 2005

Sorry for the confusion, guess my focus was not on presenting to the forum correctly.

I do have an ICOM 746Pro and it is my pride and joy.  And recently I purchased a new Dell XPS 400 without serial and paralell comports (maybe not a good idea).  My decision was to convert all applications to USB seeing how issues were abundant with comm and serial ports with software conflicts, port availability etc.

Logic 7 (not WriteLog ... sorry for another mistake) has a USB to Serial/parallel Cable and with their software, the  MRP4060 keyed the ICOM 746Pro, and I felt my issues may be over with ports.  However, WriteLog, TrueTTY and Logic 7 software was not tested and an assumption made.

Busting a connection in haste left me puzzled, hence the first request to the forum.  With  the cable repair,  the MRP4060 software keyed the transmitter on ComPort 4.  However the other software not being tested an assumption was made, hence the second e-mail - 'all is well.'  The objective would be to get all software working to the ICOM 746Pro using USB.  In the future I would like to use USB with stellite tracking software in place, as well.

Am a bit green in the area of computers and Xceivers but it will happen hopefully without needing the ports mentioned above.

Here is the link for USB to RS-232 Cable/with software...

http://www.hosenose.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=usb+232&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=9&btnSearch.y=10

UnConfused Jerry in Lakeview, Oregon
WD6FMF