[WriteLog] Audio Connection for Recording a Contest

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 12:14:11 EST 2005

I'd like to record the entire CQWW 160 CW Contest
from PJ2T, and am trying to decide how best to
tap into the receive audio to present it to a
sound card for recording by Writelog.

I'll be set up with two FT-1000MP transceivers
(one as a spotting receiver), and using a Top Ten
DX Doubler SO2R controller to distribute the audio
to my headphones. I'd like to record what is
delivered to the (stereo) headphones at any given
time.

If anyone has recorded their SO2R operation, how
did you tap into the audio? Simple stereo Y-connector
from the headphone jack? Transformer/power splitter
box required? Details welcomed.

73,  Jeff  K8ND