[WriteLog] Re: CW keying on LPT1 with XP Pro

ad6e at inreach.com ad6e at inreach.com
Thu Feb 3 19:56:15 EST 2005

I find it amazing that so many continue to have trouble with WL and LPT
since there has been so much publicity about UserPort.

I totally agree with Bob N5NJ.

To re-iterate AGAIN (because obviously some folks need it):

>>>    To install and use Userport:

After you do that ONCE, you can delete the EXE from your desktop and never
have to worry about it again... until your disk crashes and you re-install
Windoze. LPT will work in harmony with Writelog and all other programs.
You can argue that XP should have been made this way in the first place,
or Writelog should have been been able to work anyway, but who cares?
This is a small price to pay for an imperfect world.

That said, I handle a lot of technical trouble calls .. so I know that
undoubtedly there are wierd situations where UserPort may not solve this
problem. Murphy is alive, well, and hiding in your closet. However, after
installing Userport on several W2k and XP machines of various manufacture,
I have yet to find one that didn't work quickly and easily.

73, Al  AD6E