[WriteLog] Speeding up CW exchange

Rick Graham rick.graham3 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 14:14:48 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm not sure where I read it, but was wondering if WL has the capability to
signal the radio to speed up during the 599 (contest exchange), but then
slow down to normal speed to give a serial number or other exchange
information that is important.

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly, but I have heard it in other
contests where the op could almost double his q's because of this technique.

I know I can do it manually on my FT-920, but instead of wearing the
potentiometer out, it would be nice to have this automated.

Thanks as usual for all your help and putting up with some of my 'stupid'
moments. Hi.

73 DE AI3W, Rick