[WriteLog] no cw

John Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Fri Feb 18 11:09:24 EST 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 12:13 AM, Marc Ressler wrote:

> Bob,
>
> By key up, do you mean it goes into transmit?

Yes. I've been having the same problem.

> Do you have the "computer sends cw" box checked?

Yes, I do.

> What port are you using to provide the CW keying on,

COM 2

>  and have you changed
> that port assignment on your computer, changed computers, or changed
> operating systems?

No, no, and no.

I had the same problem when I set up for the CQ WPX RTTY contest, and
had a devil of a time getting something to work. In that contest, I
finally disabled all the MMTTY stuff and used RTTYRite for the contest,
IT worked fine. After the contest, I re-installed MMTTY and the MMTTY
plug-in, and now IT works fine. Go figure.

Then the problem cropped up in CW this week when I started setting up
for ARRL DX. In both of these cases I had opened the log from the same
contest last year (with, presumably, the same settings), deleted all
the contacts and saved it in a new folder. I finally got CW working
after doing a lot of fiddling around with the settings, but I can't
really tell you what fixed it. I'm still not sure how reliable it's
going to be, but I'll wait until after the contest and then I think
I'll do a complete re-install of WriteLog and see if that makes any
difference.

I don't mean to steal the thread, but I saw the problem description and
recognized the similarity with mine. Hopefully someone may have a
suggestion that will help both Bob and me.

I'm using an FT1000MP and a RigBlaster.

73,

John E Bastin, K8AJS
jbastin at sssnet.com