[WriteLog] [RTTY] Spratly Island - DXØK - 1S1A

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Fri Feb 18 15:55:09 EST 2005

I just pulled my 1S1A QSL card out of the drawer.   The operation was
February 20th thru 24th of 1973.  Which was their 4th attempt at the
operation.  The QSL card mentions the three earlier failed attempts,
storms, one of the operators a drift in a dingy etc.  The operators were
 WB4VBY, W5ZSX, K7CBZ, XV5AC,& WB4UZP who made 4500 Qs in 3.5 days.  The
QSL manager was W1YRC.  My 1S1A Q was a highlight of my then 27 years of
living!

73 Larry, W0ETC who in 1973 was WA0ETC
That Q was one heck of a high for me in my youth (age 38 back then).