[WriteLog] still no cw

Rsauvan cabmas at chorus.net
Sun Feb 20 11:11:26 EST 2005

I have a FT 920 that has worked fine until I was getting setup
for the contest this weekend. I have the standard serial
cables hooked from computer serial port to the rig "cat" port.
I worked the 160 cw contest with this setup and no
problems. I cant get the rig to send cw when I hit the F keys
but the rig will "key up". It does not show transmit though.
I have not ever needed any other cables to get this to
transmit cw in the past. The only thing that has changed is
my son got on the computer and "turned on" msn
messenger. Took me 3 days to get rid of that mess. But
I dont see how this could have affected Writelog or cw
setup. I tried to uninstall Writelog to reinstall, but doing that
from the windows "uninstall software" it must leave alot of
files because I noticed some were reinstalled when I
reloaded Writelog. Is there a way to actually uninstall
Writelog and start with a clean setup? I also hooked up my
rig to another computer with a new Writelog install and got
the same thing. This would lead me to believe the rig has a
problem. So, anyone using a ft920 out there that could give
me some input? Any help at all would be appreciated.This
whole thing kept me out of the contest this weekend.
Thanks-Bob-WT9Q