[WriteLog] [RTTY] FYI - Multiple MMTTY copies with ONE soundcard

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Tue Feb 22 11:15:07 EST 2005

As the processor usage data shows, the computer was not being taxed. I
believe each copy would have been given all the processing time it needed
up to the point where the processor ran out of cycles. IOW, I don't think
there would be any difference in the quality of copy, but didn't test it. I
have a separate HAL ST-6000 set up as a dumb terminal on the P4, and could
have included it easily, but didn't think of it.

When signals were present, the quality of print seemed _totally_ normal to me.

This might be a good time to use ve3nea's formal test method published here
a few weeks ago. Maybe somebody can take time to run through his procedure
and see what they get.

Jerry W4UK