[WriteLog] AMD SEMPRON AD!

Marc Ressler marc.ressler at verizon.net
Tue Feb 22 23:09:54 EST 2005

Jerry,

since I already made that mistake, I can concur, the Compaq SR1300NX
video acts as an AGP, so adding an AGP card just makes it think you want to
disable the onboard video.

The good news is that using a PCI video card will allow you to run dual
monitors. The bad news, at least as far as I can tell, or anyone here has
commented on, is that settings will not be remembered when you restart WL.
If you leave everything on during a contest, at least all the windows will
stay put (as long as nothing crashes).

Fore-warned is four-legged: Your computer only costs $360 if you send in
all the rebates. Hope you got lots of copies made of EVERYTHING - if not,
start copying now (including UPC bar codes) and send the stuff in QUICK!
Some of the rebate details are horrible - the last postmark date is the
last sale date! This bit me for sum $$$ on all the "free" stuff that came
with the computer. Their staff needs to be educated to tell the consumer
that it isn't FREE. It's just that it might be a "no-cost option" (oops - I
forgot - let's see $0.37 postage times 8 rebate cetificates???)  if you can
get all the paperwork filled out in time.

MarC, K3NCO
marc.ressler at verizon.net