[WriteLog] Logging off line

Marc Ressler marc.ressler at verizon.net
Mon Feb 28 19:03:22 EST 2005

Bob,

I ran into the same annoyance for converting old paper logs into something
Logger 32 would use. I use an excel spreadsheet for inputting the data and
converting it to ADIF, which a number of programs will import. I got this
idea from a number of websites, most notably  W8TM (Paul Kirley). I have
modified his spreadsheet approach to give me three variants that support
state QSO parties and other events where more complete info is required:

One for normal operations
One for QRP operations
A shortened version more appropriate to many contest operations (includes:
date,  freq, mode,  time,  CALL,  RST(sent&rcvd), QTH, NAME, NOTE,
QSL(s&r), & band (calculated).

Once you understand how the process works, you can modify these to support
virtually any ADIF field you want to, and unused fields either don't
produce outputs or produce null outputs. The nice thing about working in
Excel is that you can "drag" values down columns when they are duplicated,
and you can even "drag" a series down (for instance, if you are working at
a QSO rate of 60/minute, you can drag times down with an automatic
increment of 1 minute). This really helps speed up the input process.

If anyone is interested and can accept an Excel spreadsheet, let me know
and I'll send you a copy. The first "page" of the spreadsheet includes
instructions for use, and a sample input line is included (or a more
complete example could be included).

MarC
marc.ressler at verizon.net