[WriteLog] Writelog - 10.52F - 10 min timers

Bruce Meier n1ln at consolidated.net
Sun Jan 9 15:16:27 EST 2005

Yesterday I was on a Multi-two team for NAQP.  We used WriteLog 10.51 and we
were all quite frustrated to see the 10 minute band change timers were still
not working.   I figured that perhaps they were fixed in 10.52.  So, once
arriving home I upgraded my two computers to 10.52.   (The upgrade went
well - no issues)   Well - I am sorry to say that the 10 minute timers STILL
DON'T SEEM TO WORK.

First:  I am running Win98SE on both machines - not that it matters
here....I think.   I used the most recent download on the WL Web - for
10.52F.     I have them networked using TCPIP.   Works great.  However, the
timer is another story.

************

Rig 1 = 20 meters
Rig 2 = 40 meters

> When I make a simulated SSB Q on Rig 1 the Networked Frequencies window
indicates Rig 1 is the RUN and resets both the band and timer for Rig 1.

> As long as I continue to make Qs on Rig 1 that is now NOT COUNTING DOWN -
the timer counts down from 10 minutes - starts at RED - goes to YELLOW - and
then goes to GREEN.

> However, if I make a Q during that 10 minute count down for Rig 1 on Rig
2 - the timer resets on both computers to 10 minutes and starts all over
again.

> If I alternate Qs from Rig 1 to Rig 2 the timer resets after each and also
alternates from Rig to Rig.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

> In my opinion - it should continue to count down "INDEPENDENTLY" on both
Rigs as they are both locked w/in the 10 minute rule.   The display should
show both operators (as the computers / rigs are networked) the status of
the other Rig - for frequency (works fine) and for Band Change Timing info.

If there are settings that I have not correctly configured - - - I can't
find them.   Someone please show me.

I can tell time with a clock and based on the log - but, why have a feature
(and a good one) if it NEVER WORKS.

6 days to NAQP SSB and counting...... HELP ! ! ! !

thanks,
Bruce - N1LN
(K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contesters)