[WriteLog] File conversion

David Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 13 10:13:28 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken at comcast.net>
To: <writelog at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 7:23 AM
Subject: [WriteLog] File conversion

> Anyone know of a straightforward way to convert the
> .dat log format that TR
> produces into something than can be
> read/imported/merged into WL?

I use the old Windows version of the KA5WSS Log
Converter, available at
http://www.ka5wss.com/Software/LogConv/

I haven't tried the new version, but the old one is
still available.

This program will convert .DAT into ADIF, importable by
WL, but some of the fields have a slightly different
title than used by WL, so you may have to do a global
search and replace with a word processor. Two of the
fields that need correcting are ARRL SECTION and
PRECEDENCE (P vs. PREC) for the ARRL Sweepstakes.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ