[WriteLog] "Random mode changes"

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 21:46:57 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/17/2005 4:36:10 PM Central Standard Time,
k1dan at profirefighter.com writes:
The Writelog program is all that
changes, my rig does not change modes during this time.
I am using a Kenwood TS-570D and have the baud rate for the com port set to
1200.  I am using V 10.51M, but this was happening with previous versions as
well.

Has anyone had this problem, and how did you fix it?
Dan K1DAN
DAn;

I had a similar problem in TR.  The problem was that RF was getting into the
radio control lines fooling the computer into thinking the radio had changed
modes.  This was easily solved in TR by setting a parameter called "NO POLL
DURING PTT" to true.  This disabled the radio controls whenever key was PTT was
down.

In Writelog, I think the same thing is accomplished if you set the Comm PTT
field to SYNC for the COM port that you have your radio controls on.  For some
reason, I don't have this problem in Writelog so I have never tried this,
however.

73,

AL, K0AD