[WriteLog] RE: OPTION to Friend.ini in SSB test

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Jan 20 21:54:14 EST 2005

Dick, W7ZR wrote:

 > Is there a way of calling up the friend.ini file in a SSB test?  I
 > know the %H in CW and RTTY but how about for eg NAQP SSB?

Sorry I can't help you, but an interesting OPTION comes to mind.  If it's
already doable, I'd appreciate knowing.

Since names are often changed in the NAQP SSB from contest to contest (I've
observed it), the friend.ini may leave something to be desired and/or
require time-consuming corrections.

What would be nice is once the name is entered, if desired or by those who
use this approach, a string could be put in the an F-message field that
upon completion of the QSO & at log entry, the following could be spit out:

	<tnx.wav><space.wav><name.wav><space.wav><mycall.wav><na.wav>   (If you're
Running)

	<tnx.wav><space.wav><name.wav><space.wav><myname.wav><mystate.wav> (If an
S&P QSO)

Obviously, this would require WL processing 'name.wav' similiar to what we
now have with 'fullcallsign.wav' capability, and a bunch of precorded
'barry.wav' , 'john.wav' , 'oj.wav' , etc. files in the .wav sub-directory.

The SLICK-O thing (to avoid "Tnx, Bee-Aye-R-R-Whyyyyy" resulting from no
'barry.wav' pre-recorded file is found), would be a simple configuration
option like:  (Checkboxes or Radio Buttons)  ___Yes  ___No  Skip name.wav
Xmt if NO pre-recorded file is found

Yes, this would be SLICK-O (IMHO).

--- Calling the WL Wish List...come in, over!  :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA