[WriteLog] RE: WRITELOG AND DELL INSPIRON 1150 NOTEBOOK

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Jan 25 02:13:30 EST 2005

John, ZL1BHQ wrote:

=======
I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1150 2.6ghz with USB Comm Ports only.
At that time I acquired a USB Multifunction Hub that allows for Serial and LPT
access to the Notebook. I am able to poll a Rockwell 56k modem and print from
the LPT port, but am unable have the rig (a FT1K Field) handshake with the
Inspiron in Writelog mode.
=======

I don't know if this will help, but some kind WL souls help me solve a
handshake problem several months ago when I hooked up a USB/Serial port
widget.  It turned out that I did NOT have the following show up in my
writelog.ini file.  Once manually placed and the correct serial port
selected, "Bingo!"  I was specifically told to end each line with a comma.

[PORTS]
COM1:=4800,n,8,1,
COM2:=4800,n,8,1,
COM3:=4800,n,8,1,