[WriteLog] Trouble installing MMTTY Plug-in

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Sat Jan 29 06:54:36 EST 2005

Bill, Don, et al

Yes, the trick is to have a clean writelog.ini file. I had already
transferred in my fully setup for two radios writelog.ini which still
pointed to MMTTY on the old F: drive (which does not exist now) instead of
the C: drive.

The plug-in apparently looks for MMTTY by reading the writelog.ini file. If
it gets a bad path, it aborts. However, when the writelog.ini file has no
mmtty entries then it knows how to find mmtty. Go figure.

At any rate, most of the radio functionality is up and running on the
reinstall. Only took 5 days this time!

Jerry

At 03:56 PM 1/27/2005 -0500, Bill G.   K3SV wrote:
>You may have to delete the Writelog.ini file in the Windows directory and
>reload Writelog to generate a "clean" writelog.ini file. I did this a week
>ago because of other problems with MMTTY and Writelog. Save a copy of the
>writelog.ini file before doing this so you don't get totally confused if
>something goes wrong. The other thing you can do is go into the writelog.ini
>file and edit out the references to MMTTY, then you can load the plug-in.
>
>73 Bill k3SV

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net