[WriteLog] Parallel Port CW

Rip Smith K3XO k3xo at dx.k3xo.net
Sat Jan 29 11:02:47 EST 2005

I have reached the end of my resources in trying to get Writelog to key
my radio through the parallel port.

I've had no problem getting parallel port keying to work with DXBase and
the N3FJP software, and I am able to control the Icom 746  with Writelog
and the other programs over the serial port.

I downloaded the file dlportio.zip, and followed the procedure outlined
for it.

I extracted it and copied the files dlportio.sys and dlportio.dll to the
\install folder, and then ran the install.exe program.

All seemed to go OK and I rebooted.

Then, I opened the writelog.ini file to edit it as described in the
documentation. There was no LPTX= line so I added one and made it
"LPTX=0378" which is the starting address for my printer port #1. I also
added the line "CW_ON_PIN1=1" as described in the instructions.

After all of that, when I go back into Writelog, I still do not have
access to the printer port in the port setup screen.

What have I missed?

Rip K3XO