[WriteLog] K1EL Winkey

D. Drake aa1qd at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 15:10:42 EST 2005

I tried using the K1EL Winkey CW keyer with Writelog 10.52 during the CQ
160 CW Contest this weekend and had some trouble. Every so often the first
character sent from the CW memories would be corrupted.  Also sometime the
first dah in the first character sent would be too long.

I've been using the K1EL Winkey keyer with DxBase 2005 for several months
and I am having no trouble with it.

It is connected to COM 4 with PTT on the RTS.

My WRITELOG.INI settings for [WINKEY] are

PotRange=255
SetKeyMode=0
PaddleSwap=0
PaddleWatchdog=0

The problem does not appear to be related to any overt operator actions
within Writelog.  If I start Writelog and repeatedly send from various CW
memories and do nothing else with it, I still get random errors but always
just the first character sent.

Has any one else seen anything like this and does anyone have any ideas
about solving it?

tnx
Dale AA1QD