: Re: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:05:49 EST 2005

I agree with Mel.
I gave up after not being able to get either of the 3rd party utilities to
work with Writelog for keying the LPT port.
The solution, a nifty virtual com serial keying cable from the guys at
Microham. This works great and it's a single box for CW keying and rig
control, uses a pair of virtual com ports connected via USB.

As an aside, I notice CWWIN works on my same laptop keying the LPT port with
the old cable. Not sure what they are doing differently, but maybe Writelog
could check into that.
73 Darrell AB2E