[WriteLog] WL S&P plus Run modes?

ad6e@inreach.com ad6e at inreach.com
Mon Jul 11 21:29:05 EDT 2005

Yes, the most useful class in high school was typing... for more reasons
than the obvious ..  :-)

Perhaps we can just call this stuff "TR Mode"?  WL already has a "CT mode"
function that can be turned on/off.

WriteLog already has the ability to begin sending an exchange before you
complete the call. It just isn't automatic as you suggest.  I'm not sure
why, but I use that feature extreamly rarely. The vast majority of calls I
copy are typed in complete with only a few mSec of latency. I just type
the call and hit ENTER (or whatever). The timing seems normal to me and I
don't see any wasted time.

Hitting an extra key here and there doesn't really bother me. If it takes
10 mSec to hit the space bar, I waste only 50 seconds after doing that
5,000 times. My thumb could use the exercise anyway. The goal of high rate
is much more related to copying the call correctly the first time rather
than saving a key stroke here and there.

It isn't D4B sending 45 wpm that worries me. It's WB6BID/7 sending 15 wpm
that causes trouble. At that speed, you'll type in each character as you
hear it. With the TR method, you'll start sending and miss the "D"
resulting in a busted call and a real QLF situation.  I would not remember
to NOT type in the full call in that situation. How do you deal with that?

BTW, my original post was not really ment to go public. I wrote it, then
thought it was a tad too strong. In a fit of spastic QLF I hit the SEND
key instead of the DELETE key.  Sorry about that!

I'll buy that next pitcher!

73, Al  AD6E