[WriteLog] DX Doubler and Windows XP - Please Help

w4nf@comcast.net w4nf at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 21:17:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have tried just about everything.  I had Writelog working fine with my old 95SE computer and then made the decision to upgrade the computer.  As like some others I'm having trouble getting the LPT port to drive my DXddoubler for SO2R.

Here is where I am:

1. I tried Userport and could get nothing to work.
2. Down loaded Direct IO and loaded it.  Put in the LPT1 range, pointed Direct IO to the Writelog exe
3.  Then went into the BIOS and changed the LPT port from PS/2 to AT.
4. Now when I boot up the computer I at least get the DxDoubler to toggle the relays back and forth meaning the LPT port is doing something.
5. However, I can't get the up and down arrow keys to toggle the relays to switch between radios.
6. Also when I put the DXdoubler Tramsmit control into  Auto it keys the IC746.  I'm not sure if that is a cable problem or what but I should be able to track that one down if I can get the DXDoubler to work.

I have not changed anything in the Writelog.ini file but did make sure the LPT1= was sent to the proper range.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  73, Jack W4NF