[WriteLog] WL & DXD Unit Operational Issues

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Fri Jul 15 13:58:47 EDT 2005

A couple of unresolved issues here trying to now use WL with a DXD box;

1. With TR, I just plugged my paddles into the back of the DXD and I could
send CW at the same speed as TR was set.  I can't get any CW to come out
with the exact same paddle input using WL.  One of the DXD folks said it
must be a WL issue, because the DXD is (by default) configured to work with
both TR & WL.

2. With TR, I could Pg Up/Down and get an instant change in WPM while TR is
sending CW.  In WL, any change seems to "hang up".  If I push Pg Up/Down
again, then the WPM drops way too slow.  Is there some Magic .ini command
or Menu option to fix this?

3. With TR, I could easily mute the audio on one Radio via the toggle
switches on the DXD.  Last night I tried all combinations of the audio
toggle switches, but always seemed to end up with audio from both Radios in
the phones.  As an SO2R n00b, this was very frustrating.  Is there some
different setting required within WL to make muting of either Radio as
desired work in the DXD?  I looked for 'audio', 'mute', 'muting', etc. in
the WL Help file Index but found no entries.

Tnx much for any assistance.

73...

Rick, K6VVA