[WriteLog] Ameritron Amp and QSK-5

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sun Jul 17 00:21:01 EDT 2005

Larry, N0XB inquired:

 > I know this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone out there have an
Ameritron QSK-5 in use?

Yes, with my TS-870S and AL-80B.  It works great, but the "manual" (a/k/a
"pamphlet") is a bit bass-ackwards, IMHO and MIS-leading terminology for
the RF coax hookups ;-(   It also turned out I needed to use a shorting
jumper in one of the RCA keyline jacks for it to work with my Ken.  This
was per "Mike" @ Ameritron...I didn't want to blow anything up so call him
FIRST.

Sorry my scanner is a bit whacked so can't .pdf you, but you should call
Ameritron and ask specifically for "Mike" (do NOT, I repeat do NOT talk to
anyone other than Mike about this, IMHO).  I'll bet he will also send you a
pamphlet...umh, err, ahh, "manual" for the QSK-5.  He's a very helpful guy
in case anyone else needs assistance with Ameritron stuff.

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA