[WriteLog] Wireless networking with WL problem

Gerard Jendraszkiewicz jend at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 29 13:47:19 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I had a problem over the FD weekend. We had the following setup.

2 - Laptops (Both HP), Windoze (XP Pro) with wireless cards
LinkSys router
WL 10.52 using TCP/IP
Each laptop was assigned a static IP address
Distance from each computer to the router was about 20 feet.

I had a devil of a time keeping the two machines linked up. They would
either not connect to each other. Of after being connected a while the
link would just go away. In XP you could each computer could ping each
other. So the networking was still working.

Anybody have any ideas ? I would like to get this running as I will be
leaving for P4 in about six weeks and want to have the same two laptops
connected running WL through the wireless network.

73, Jerry, KE9I