[WriteLog] WriteLog won't stay put w/Dual Monitors

Marc Ressler marc.ressler at verizon.net
Sun Mar 6 12:30:06 EST 2005

I have this problem with WriteLog running dual monitors off of a built-in
video card and an add-on PCI video card (The built-in acts as an AGP video,
so if you plug in an AGP card, all you get is the new AGP card - been
there, done that).

Actually, I think all programs I have tried have this problem, unless you
size the application window to span more than one screen, or have a piece
of a window still on the startup screen coordinates (typically labeled "1",
but you can change this). This works for me with Logger32, where I have the
overall window covering both screens (and the digital window for PSK/RTTY
overlays part of the right hand screen when activated). Certain dual-head
video cards provide their own drivers to solve this problem, but for the
multiple card approach I haven't found a way to save the settings (at least
in WriteLog).

Having already bought a new computer (and TWO video cards) for the shack, I
am not prepared to buy an additional dual-head video card unless they get
real cheap - I'll just move the windows around manually unless someone has
a solution for this.

MarC, K3NCO
marc.ressler at verizon.net